Freedom Advocate’s charter is to represent a cross-section of people from
all political parties and backgrounds who are united in the principles of
individual liberty, equal justice and the constitutional administration of
government. Life, liberty and property are threatened by the global warming issue.
The Big Lie: The notion that global warming is man-made is a big lie.
The science of worldwide climate is complex. That makes the opportunity to take advantage of this lie great:
- Complex science issues are easy to selectively define as a crisis.
- Big government advocates and politicians looking for more power need a crisis to ‘save us from’. Global warming is that.
- Environmental non-government organizations (NGOs) need something to save…global warming lets them save the world.
- Many big business interests join environmentalists and politicians to form PPPs (public-private partnerships). They gain access to power and public funds.
- The current Democrat and Republican presidential candidates buy into man-made global warming crisis as agents of the new world order.
PPPs & The Crisis: The Big Lie claims global warming is 'consensus' and is 'settled science'. With a false worldwide crisis declared, what happens next?
- Private property is attacked as ‘not for the greater good’.
- Individual human rights that derive from private property rights are also ‘not for the greater good’.
- Global warming is a ‘perfect storm’ for government, public-private partnerships and NGOs.
- Public-Private Partnerships are promoted as the means to resolve the threat.
- This will degrade individual property rights, unalienable rights and liberty.
- The American political idea loosed in unalienable rights will be dead.
What’s the Truth? In WorldNetDaily, Bob Unruh reported and this headline appeared:
31,000 scientists reject 'global warming' agenda
'Mr. Gore's movie has claims no informed expert endorses'
Here is a brief summary of the Petition Project. It began 10 years ago with a few thousand signatures. The list grew with no special effort or campaign. Due to recent escalating 'consensus' claims and showings of the movie 'An Inconvenient Truth' in schools across the country, the petition effort increased. The highlights are:
- More than 31,000 scientists across the U.S. signed the petition rejecting "global warming”.
- Signers include over 9,000 Ph.D.s in atmospheric science, earth science, climatology, environment and other related specialties.
- The petition states; "There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate,".
- The petition further states. "There is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth
Petition Project leaders say:
- Al Gore's movie contains incorrect claims which no informed, honest scientist could endorse.
- Dire "global warming" warnings are far beyond semantics or scientific discussion to the point where they are endangering people.
- The campaign to severely ration hydrocarbon energy technology makes scientifically invalid claims of impending climate emergencies.
- Proposed political actions threaten American prosperity and the lives of hundreds of millions in poor countries.
The late Professor Frederick Seitz, past president, National Academy of Sciences and National Medal of Science winner, wrote a letter promoting the petition. Here are some highlights:
- The U.S. is close to adopting an international agreement to ration energy use and technologies based on coal, oil, natural gas and other organic compounds.
- *This treaty is based on flawed ideas. Climate change research data fails to show that human use of hydrocarbons is harmful.
- *Good evidence shows that increased atmospheric CO2 helps the environment. "*
*(See: http://www.oism.org/pproject/s33p36.htm )
A 12-page summary accompanied the letter. A few of his points are:
- The proposed agreement will negatively affect technology worldwide, increase poverty and hurt opportunities for over 4 billion people.
- The Kyoto agreement harms the environment, hinders science, hinders technology and damages mankind’s health and welfare.
- Fundamental rights in the U.S. are lost by systematic high taxes, increased regulation and litigation that inhibits capital accumulation needed to exercise freedom to build and further modern technology.
- Political action has limited energy production in the U.S. As a result, we depend on foreign sources for 30 percent of our energy.
- Large, unsustainable trade deficits raise energy prices.
- A core issue is power, control and money sought by the UN.
- Individual rights require that U.S. citizens and industries be free to produce and use low cost, abundant energy.
Summary: The 31,000 signatories of the petition emphasize environmental science and support freedom. As of May 20th:
- 31,072 scientists have signed. New names continue to come in.
- Signers include; 9,021 Ph.D.s, 6,961 Master's level, 2,240 MDs and 12,850 BS or equivalent academic degree.
- At the PhD scientist level, the petition has 15 times more scientists than are involved in the U.N.'s campaign to "vilify hydrocarbons".
- The Petition Project is run by physicists and physical chemists doing research at several American institutions. They collect signatures as donations allow the funds to mail out more letters.
- The Petition Project targets scientists as it’s important that Americans hear from scientists with the training to evaluate the data and offer sound advice.
The large number of petition signers shows that consensus among American scientists opposes the human-caused global warming hypothesis.
American engineers can develop energy resources free of harm to people or the environment. There is NO technical, resource or environmental reason for the U.S. to import energy. We should be a net energy exporter.
Here’s a link to further information: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=64866
Global Warming: The Big Lie, PPPs & The Crisis... by Vern Westgate
Do You Want a DVD? We offer an excellent DVD by Michael Coffman titled: “Global Warming: Emerging Science and Understanding”. You will find it in our store here.