By Freedom Advocates
August 4, 2009
Right now, in your town and neighborhood, policies are being implemented that will ultimately eliminate your freedoms and destroy your way of life. You need to know what’s going on to stop this process. Many town officials are selling us out to global regional development with help from the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI): Local Governments for Sustainability. [See new ICLEI website here.] ICLEI is used as one of the mechanisms to undo the political recognition of unalienable rights.
ICLEI: Local Governments for Sustainability promotes Local Action 21, Local Agenda 21 and other United Nations programmes [also see ICLEI Members Bulletin – International Sustainability Updates] implemented through local town councils, planners, mayors and local governments.
Why should you care?
Social engineering and behavior modification are some of the true objectives being implemented under the guise of environmental and climate protection. This is accomplished by exploiting people’s desire to maintain a healthy and lasting environment in the name of “sustainability”. Here is an example of how ICLEI changes behavior, just like another organization called “Fostering Sustainable Behavior”.
It is also ICLEI’s job to implement United Nation’s policies that restructure our representative form of government through global and regional development (<click and then view slide show). Policies and programs take control from our representative government and put it into the hands of regional, non-elected boards. This allows elected officials to shirk their responsibilities. It turns us into a soviet system that is based on Regionalism. It facilitates both communism and fascism. Representative government with defined limits is the basis of a free and just society.
Cool Mayors Fire-up Hot Debate
ICLEI methods include infiltrating local government. Organization representatives seek to be hired into local planning departments or they provide “toolkits” to staff. Too many elected officials such as Cool Mayors allow ICLEI to influence policy changes through the use of funding incentives and rewards. While some of these policies sound good on the surface, they result in consequences such as:
- High-density housing scams
- Traffic congestion
- Open space where access is not allowed
- Government “partnering” with favored private businesses and non-profit agencies, using your tax money
- Undermining Constitutional administration of government
- Managed control over your life
- Mismanagement of public utilities
- Prohibitions on natural resource management leading to increased fire hazards, lack of water, and private property restrictions,
- Increased taxes, fees, regulations and restrictions
Is ICLEI running your town or coming to a town near you?
Are your elected officials being lured into enacting ridiculous rules and regulations in exchange for funding? Do your elected officials know that there are long term consequences to their irresponsible actions?
Currently there are more than 550 communities in North America paying membership dues to ICLEI. Upon becoming a member of ICLEI, members become governed by the ICLEI Charter (see 2003 ICLEI Charter and 2011 ICLEI Charter). If your community is one of these, you are paying for the loss of your unalienable rights.
Has your town, city or county signed on with ICLEI? Find out here:
- USA Member List (PDF, 2009), Easy Read List (PDF, 2011) and Original Website
- International Member List (current website) and Original Website
You as an individual or part of a group can make a difference!
Get informed and inform others by utilizing the following tools (free downloads or purchase through store):
- Sustainable Development – A Brief Analysis <downloadable flyer
- Understanding Sustainable Development – Agenda 21 – For the People and their Public Officials <downloadable booklet
- White Paper version of Understanding Sustainable Development – Agenda 21 – For the People and their Public Officials <downloadable document
- Sustainable Development: Global to Local Action Plans <downloadable booklet
- Transforming America: Sustainable Development <downloadable booklet
- Freedom Advocates PowerPoint Presentation <slideshow presentation
Make sure your elected officials have the information as well:
· Sample Precursary letter to your Clerk of the Board <click to view
· You should receive an acknowledgment such as this letter from our County Supervisor <click
Pursue documentation evidencing ICLEI involvement. Review article with document search information here.
Will your public officials require notice of misprision of treason? <click
Ultra vires <information
Elected representatives need to cease involvement with ICLEI. Don’t let ICLEI policies ruin your town. The global village of the future is not the vision of our dreams and will hold no safe harbor for anyone.
ICLEI Primer: Your Town and Freedom Threatened by Freedom Advocates
– Permission to republish and distribute is granted by Freedom Advocates per our Republication Policy at this link: http://www.freedomadvocates.org/terms/
Despite Crumbling of Climate Change Consensus, ICLEI Marches On <more on what you can do
Kick ICLEI Out! <city charter amendment and ordinance asserting unconstitutional alliance between City of Spokane and ICLEI
ICLEI: Research, Education, Action and Risks at the Local Level – Basic First Steps by Stacy Lynne <basic steps for exposing ICLEI
ICLEI is a Conspiracy and That’s No Theory by Stacy Lynne <article
United Nations Environmental Program, International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) by Stacy Lynne, 2010 <PowerPoint slide presentation (pdf)
Listen: Click here for Dr. Stan Monteith radio interview with Jeannie Soderman on ICLEI – the history, structure and ramifications.
Listen: ICLEI Movement Heats Up – Stacy Lynne Discusses the Latest Developments in Exposing ICLEI with host Michael Shaw on KSCO Radio. <Excellent show, click here to listen