July 30th 2012
Article 1 Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution prohibits states or their subdivisions from entering into any “treaty, alliance or confederation” with a foreign political organization. Contracts with ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability headquartered in Bonn, Germany fit into this prohibition. Increasingly, American citizens are becoming aware of this fact.
There are no U.S. Supreme Court cases under Article 1 Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution. That is because no state has engaged in the prohibited action during America’s history. The present situation is a first, de novo, circumstance.
According to www.iclei.org, ICLEI was founded in 1990 as the ‘International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives.’ The ‘International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives’ became ‘ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability’ in 2003 with a broader international mission to pursue Sustainability issues. ICLEI is an international association of local governments as well as national and regional government organizations who have made a commitment to the United Nations program of Sustainable Development – Agenda 21.
Many elected city officials are indoctrinated through their League of Cities seminars and other associations to embrace Sustainable Development – Agenda 21 principles. This often leads to an ICLEI contract which accelerates the ride down the path of ruin.
At Freedom Advocates we recommend that a Misprision of Treason be presented to elected officials who fail to attempt to sever the ICLEI association. Let the honest and brave politicians who do attempt to sever and who stand for their oaths to the Constitution be left out of the misprision notice. A misprision is described as: “Misprision of treason is the failure to perform a public duty. A person who knows that a treason is being or is about to be committed but does not report it to a proper authority commits a misprision of treason.” (Misprision of Treason Law & Legal Definition, USLegal.com)
A misprision is the concealment of a crime – treason. “Misprision of treason, is the concealment of treason, by being merely passive for if any assistance be given, to the traitor, it makes the party a principal, as there are no accessories in treason.” (Lectric Law Library)
States including California have misprision statutes. It is entirely appropriate to notifyelected officials of the nature of the offensive activity before issuing a misprision. Then, hold the official accountable.
For more information, view the ICLEI Primer at www.FreedomAdvocates.org. California Penal Code – Misprision defined You as an individual or part of a group can make a difference! Get informed and inform others by utilizing the following tools:
- ICLEI Primer: Your Town and Freedom Threatened
- Despite Crumbling of Climate Change Consensus, ICLEI Marches On
- ICLEI – the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- ICLEI: Local Governments for Sustainability and the U.N.
- Connection ICLEI is a Conspiracy and That’s No Theory
ICLEI wrote The Local Agenda 21 Planning Guide for the United Nations. Pursue documentation evidencing ICLEI involvement: Public Disclosure Requests (how to use the Freedom of Information Act, commonly known as the FOIA, and more by Niki Raapana).
Write a letter to inform elected representatives regarding ICLEI membership to notify them of any related Article 1 Section 10 offense.
Will your public officials require a Notice of Misprision of Treason?
Many concerned citizens spoke out against the “One Bay Area” Plan at a MTC Planning Committee/ABAG Administrative Committee meeting on 12/14/12 in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA. Heather Gass spoke to the ABAG/MTC board about the history of the One Bay Area Plan and cited their documents connecting them to UN Agenda 21 and ICLEI and informing them that they are in violation of Article 1, Section 10 of the U.S. Constitution. Listen to Heather Gass at the 1:02:00 mark in this audio recording of the meeting. Link: http://mtcmedia.s3.amazonaws.com/audio/pc_2012-12-14.mp3
EXAMPLES – Notice of Misprision of Treason 1. Michael Shaw Delivers Misprision of Treason to Alameda County, California Board of Supervisors Delivered to the Alameda County Board of Supervisors via mail, December 2011:
- Letter to Nate Miley, District 4 Supervisor, Alameda County, CA
- Prepared notes for presentation October 11, 2011 to Alameda County Board of Supervisors
- Sonoma County, California 8/6/11 speech text excerpts regarding Regionalism, ICLEI, ABAG and One Bay Area
- ICLEI Primer article from FreedomAdvocates.org
Delivered to the Alameda County Board of Supervisors via mail, January 2012:
- Letter to Nate Miley, District 4 Supervisor, Alameda County, CA
- Misprision of Treason Notice to Alameda County, California Board of Supervisors
- Delivery of Misprision of Treason – Michael Shaw written Testimony – Alameda County, CA Board of Supervisors Meeting, January 10, 2012
Video (3 ½ minutes) – Michael Shaw delivering testimony and Misprision of Treason Notice to the Alameda County Board of Supervisors on January 10, 2012. Video (37 ½ minutes) – Misprision of Treason Notice to Alameda County CA Board of Supervisors – Shaw Delivers Notice and Explains Why He Did It: Misprision of Treason is a 162 year old statute in California which makes ranking officials responsible for specific treasonous actions undertaken by government agencies. Shaw contends that for 10 years, the County of Alameda has harassed him and his business due to County policies that execute U.N. Agenda 21. This 37 ½ minute video includes background building up to the misprision notice.
2. Michael Shaw Delivers Misprision of Treason to Ellen Pirie, Santa Cruz County, California Supervisor Delivered to Ellen Pirie, Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors Meeting, September 2012:
- Misprision of Treason Notice to Ellen Pirie, Second District Supervisor, Santa Cruz County, California
- Delivery of Misprision of Treason – Michael Shaw written Testimony – Santa Cruz County, CA Board of Supervisors Meeting, September 25, 2012
Exhibits, including documents submitted as evidence:
- EXHIBIT A: Misprision of Treason Notice issued to Ellen Pirie September 25, 2012.
- EXHIBIT B: Santa Cruz County’s Local Agenda 21 Action Plan.
- EXHIBIT C: Santa Cruz County’s birthing of the Local Agenda 21 Action Plan on March 23, 1993, via the consent calendar.
- EXHIBIT D: The Constitution of the United States of America.
- EXHIBIT E: Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors’ authorization of Chairperson Pirie to sign the Statement of Interest agreeing to participate in the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI)/Sustainable Silicon Valley program.
- EXHIBIT F: Ellen Pirie as participant in a webinar for local officials sponsored by ICLEI for Scoping and Planning of AB 32.
- EXHIBIT G: As a member of the Board of Supervisors, Ellen Pirie’s directing of the County’s Planning Department in cooperation with ICLEI, to develop a work plan for a Climate Action Strategy, which was adopted by the Board of Supervisors in 2012.
- EXHIBIT H: The Local Agenda 21 Planning Guide, written and produced by ICLEI in coordination with U.N. policy objectives.
- EXHIBIT I: Freedom Advocates’ white paper document Understanding Sustainable Development – Agenda 21 – For the People and their Public Officials.
- EXHIBIT J: Santa Cruz County Land Trust’s Conservation Lands Network map.
Video (8 ½ minutes) – Michael Shaw delivering testimony and Misprision of Treason Notice to Ellen Pirie, Santa Cruz County Supervisor on September 25, 2012.